11/5/09

Life is dragging me by the ankles into the future and I am digging in with all my might to slow it down

So it just occurred to me that life is dragging me into the future and I don't wanna go!! life is going way too fast! Elise just had her 1st birthday on the 30th of October!! yea I said 1st people!! This past year just flew past and now my baby is turning into a little girl.

Yesterday we went to her one year well baby checkup, where the front desk lady gave us a 10 month questionaire. I was like "Uh, hello! she is one now!" but whatever I filled it out and she was doing everything on that list! So when Dr. Lau (her doc) came in I told her that they had given me the wrong one and she said it didn't matter because it gave her a good idea of where elise was in her development. AND GUESS WHAT!?!?!? We don't have to adjust her age anymore!! She thinks that she has caught up enough that we don't need to agjust her age anymore. whew! what a relief. I hated saying " well physicall she is this old but developmentally she is younger than that!!" and then having to explain that she was 9 weeks premature and blah blah blah.......

Needless to say she is doing fantastic!! at her nine month check up she was doing a little better percentile wise than she is now but still. she weighs 17lb 15oz!! and is 29" long!! so she dropped in her precentile to the 10th in weight and the 25th in height but HEY we don't have to adjust anymore!!

Halloween this year was a circus and we didn't even go trick or treating! of course elise is not old enough for candy yet! or rather I don't want her getting addicted to candy just yet and we definitelty were not going to eat what she got if we did go trick or treating. but we still had to go visit all the grandparents and go to the trunk or treat and figure out what Jeremy and I were going to be for Halloween.

Elise was a nutter butter! she looked so adorable. originally she was going to be a peanut but I couldn't find a costume that I liked so I ended up making one to look like a nutter butter but it actually ended up looking more like a peanut so it all worked out in the end.

I couldn't really think about what to be until I was in Elise's room and was looking at her bows and hair things and decided to be a bouquet of flowers using all of her flower barettes!! so I put all those in my hair and made my face look all glittery and wore a green shirt (for the stem) and brown pants (for the dirt)! I thought I looked cute. however no one else guessed what I was. Jeremy was the best! he went as a pregnant woman and used my hair extensions and my maternity clothes!! (yea that stings a little bit). we put this really bad make up on him. he looked really good and everyone loved it!!

I know I have not put any pics on for a while but I will try to get some on asap showing us all in our cute little outfits

No comments: